Language learning apps are a great tool to help you learn and practice English. Although, it can be a bit overwhelming at times because there are so many! Here’s a short description about some great FREE language learning apps.
This app is wonderful if you’re looking for a native English speaking conversation partner.
· Communication with native speakers in English (via text, voice and video messages)
· Option to follow other language learners (similar to a social media app)
· Note: free version only lets you learn one language at a time (VIP allows you to learn
Another great app for chatting with a newly-made friend in English!
· Talk to people who have the same interests and passions as you
· Option to chat or send voice messages directly from your browser
Reading and Listening Apps
News in Level
One of my all-time favorites for any level of English language learner!
· Three different levels of English
· Option to read and listen to the article
· At the end of each article there’s a word list and definitions
Voice of America (VOA) Learning English
This app is perfect for you if you’re focusing on learning American English.
· Provides you with lots of story and news reports listening materials
· Audio player allows you to listen to the article and read aloud
· Audio speed is slow so it’s easier to understand
· Highlighted audio transcripts
· Provides a list of key words used in the story
If you like children’s storybooks then you’re in the right place!
· Over 200 African storybooks
· Available in 11 different languages
· You can access the stories online or on an Android app (doesn’t have an iOS)
This app helps you “think” in English by writing about different topics.
· Access to your daily English journal
· Helps you find better ways to express your thoughts
· Provides you with a variety of ideas and topics to write about
If you’re afraid of making mistakes then check out this app.
· Alerts you when you make a mistake
· Gives you a special keyboard for your smartphone
· Helps you correct punctuation and appropriate words for a specific text
· Keeps track of your mistakes to help you stop repeating them
This is an especially great app if you’re a beginner English learner.
· Detailed English grammar tips
· Chat helpline (you can ask a teacher questions)
· Speech recognition software
· Audio dictionary
· Interactive lessons and games
English Grammar Book
If you learn well from textbooks then this is the app for you!
· Browsing option by topic or difficulty level
· Simple explanations for each subject that are also easy to understand
· Points and medals for finishing levels and quizzes
What other topics do you want to learn about in English?!
Write in the comments below or contact me at email@example.com / @monicayourprofe 😊
#EnglishClass #EnglishTips #MonicaYourProfe #AprendeInglés #LearnWithMonica #ClasesDeInglés #Englishpronunciation #PronunciaciónEnInglés #BusinessEnglish #InglesDeNegocios #modalverbs #giveadviceinEnglish #darconsejoseninglés