Be prepared! Phrases for a job interview in English
You’ve finally made it to the interview! After updating your resume, writing a magnificent cover letter and applying for a job, the company contacted you to schedule an interview. If you’re super nervous, which you probably are, here are some tips to help you feel more confident about your interview in English.
First impressions are vital: Common ways to start the interview
· Thank you for taking the time to meet with me today
· I look forward to sharing my work skills and experience with you
· I really appreciate being considered for this role
· I’m pleased to meet you
· I’ve done a lot of research already and I’m excited to learn more about your company
Why are you a good fit for the job? Describing your skills and explaining your experience
· I’m qualified in…
· I completed a course in….
· I graduated from…..with a degree in…..
· I will add value to your company by….
· I consider …….to be one of my strengths
· I’m always looking for ways to build my skills. Recently I’ve….
· I’m proud of the work I did at….
· In my role at….I succeeded in….
Talk about your future with the company: Show that you're in it for the long term
· This role aligns with my long-term goals, which are…
· In ….years, I’d like to be….I think this role will help me achieve that
· I’d like to build my career at this company because….
Your turn to ask questions! Make sure the organization is a good fit for you
· I’ve done some research on this organization and really love how your company does……
can you tell me more about this?
· What goals is the company trying to accomplish this year?
· Can you tell me more about the long-term goals for this company?
· What do you enjoy most about working here?
Saying goodbye: Finish strong by reiterating how you fit the role and asking about what's next
· I’d be thrilled to work here because…..
· The position sounds like a great fit. I’m ready for the next step, so please let me know if
you need anything else from me
· Once again, thank you for taking the time to chat with me today. Have a great rest of your
· Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you need anything more from me.
What other work or business tips do you want to learn?! Write in the comments below or write me at email@example.com / @monicayourprofe 😊
#EnglishClass #EnglishTips #MonicaYourProfe #AprendeInglés #LearnWithMonica #ClasesDeInglés #Englishpronunciation #PronunciaciónEnInglés #BusinessEnglish #InglesDeNegocios #modalverbs #giveadviceinEnglish #darconsejoseninglés