Rock on! Learn English with Music
Listening to music is relaxing, enjoyable and fun! How can you learn new vocabulary and expressions through songs in English?! Here are some tips....
"But I don't have enough time to improve my English!" If this is you, then you're in the right place.
If you're busy with work, school, family, or just life listening to music can be a great way to learn some English quickly. Unlike movies and shows, songs are short so you can easily listen to one song a day. Here are some tips on how to do this:
1. Focus on what you already. When you first listen to a song try to find any words or phrases that you’re already familiar with. This will help you understand the general meaning of the song.
2. Read the lyrics. After you’ve listened to the song once or twice read the lyrics in English (and the translation in Spanish if needed). Now, read along as you listen so you can match the words you’re hearing with the ones you’re reading.
3. Listen again and again. Actively listen to the song several times. This will help you notice words or phrases you didn’t hear the first or second time.
4. Understand the song's message. Now that you’re familiar with most of the words and phrases in the song try to figure out the meaning. How’re the phrases connected? Many songs can be very poetic so you’ll want to look for any hidden messages.
Here’s a short list of songs that can help you learn vocabulary and common phrases in English:
1. Wake me up by Avicii
carry the weight of the world (one one’s shoulders): to feel a lot of pressure about a burden or responsibility
2. The Sound of Sunshine by Michael Franti
keep your head above water: to (barely) avoid being consumed by a stressful or unpleasant situation (usually related to money or a financial situation)
3. Making Do by Lake Street Dive
make do: to manage with the things that you have, even though it’s not enough
4. Underdog by Alicia Keys
underdog: the predicted loser in a fight or contest
5. Beat it by Michael Jackson
beat it: leave immediately
What are your favorite songs to listen to in English?! Write in the comments below or write me at email@example.com / @monicayourprofe 😊
#EnglishClass #EnglishTips #MonicaYourProfe #AprendeInglés #LearnWithMonica #ClasesDeInglés #Englishpronunciation #PronunciaciónEnInglés #BusinessEnglish #InglesDeNegocios #modalverbs #giveadviceinEnglish #darconsejoseninglés